[pullquote]Proverbs 31:17 – She dresses herself with strength and makes her arms strong.
In God’s picture of His beautiful woman, He shows her mental strength in a composite of the internal qualities that keep her (and that will keep us) from giving up, giving in, dropping out, or quitting short of the goal to be and do what God desires.
Now, if we look at the Proverbs 31:10-31 picture from afar. We’ll take a closer look at each characteristic as we move through this devotional.
God’s beautiful woman is:
- Pure – She is woman of virtue (Proverbs 31:10)
- Honest – Her husband trusts her (Proverbs 31:11-12)
- Industrious – She is busy from sunup to sundown managing her interests and expanding her enterprises (verse 13-19,21-22,24,27,31).
- Thrifty – Her skill with finances enables her to care for her loved ones and increase her property (verses 14, 16)
- Strong in character – She faces the daily challenges of life (and death!) with undaunted courage (verse 25, 29)
- Kind – Compassion for the unfortunate governs her life and sweet speech flows from her lips (verses 20, 26)
- Wise – Walking in wisdom is her way of life (verse 26)
- Holy – She wholeheartedly loves the Lord (verse 30)
These internal qualities enable God’s beautiful woman to manage well her life, her time, her money, her mouth, her home, her relationships, and her self.